Why use Populo for employee benefits?
In the midst of a fragile economic recovery, and following a tough recession, we appreciate business owners have to carefully manage their budgets and any investment in staff benefits has to produce tangible results.
The right employee benefits can help you attract, motivate and retain the best people. This is especially important as the unemployment rate dipped from 4.6% to 4.5% in the three months to May 2017, hitting a 42-year low. It means the UK is now at its “natural rate” of unemployment according to forecasts from the Bank of England.
It can also be complex and time-consuming to administer employee benefits, especially if your business doesn’t have a dedicated HR team.
We are specialists at providing employee benefits for start-up and small and medium sized businesses. We can help you, no matter your size – a low headcount isn’t a barrier. We provide benefits for businesses of two or more. After all, being an SME can give you an advantage over large employers - you have freedom and flexibility over what you can offer.
We can help you with a wide benefits package, or just one benefit.
Our approach is simple:
- We get to know you, gaining an understanding of your business, your objectives and culture. Our mission is to help you realise your goals through effective planning and making your expenditure work as hard as possible for you. We’ll help you achieve your goals and meet your statutory duties.
- Staff research and consultation with Employee Research. If your staff benefits don’t appeal to your people, they’re simply a waste of money. We have experienced researchers who can unearth your staff’s preferences to inform your strategy and help you get a return on your investment.
- Find the best solution and providers for you, all the while achieving value for money. At Populo we offer all of our services on a fixed fee basis as we believe this is the most transparent way of working. In some cases, where we can't reject commission from a provider, any amount over our fee will be rebated to you.
- Make things easy, by managing your chosen benefits for you and ensuring they’re reviewed regularly to ensure they continue to be delivered by the most suitable and cost effective providers.
- Maximise the power of your chosen benefits, by helping you communicate them effectively to your staff. You’re investing time and money into your staff benefits, so it’s vital that your people understand and appreciate them.